Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dealing With Colic

picture source
Baby Colic -  (also known as infant colic, three month colic, and Infantile colic) is a condition in which an otherwise healthy baby cries or screams frequently and, for extended periods, without any discernible reason. The condition typically appears within the first two weeks of life and almost invariably disappears, often very suddenly, before the baby is three to four months old, but can last up to 12 months of life. wiktionary.com

I know that many parents have children who suffer from colic. But I am one of those who's thankful that my baby doest have this. I've heard some stories from mothers about their baby having a colic and I swear I prayed a lot for this. I don;t want my baby to suffer from this, I might not know just what to do. But I also prayed that if God wills, I hope He would help me and my baby cope with it. By little me only cries when she got poop on her diaper or if she's hungry and her mommy's waiting for her to ask for it LOL! They say that if your first born has it, your next babies will have it too. Does it mean that it runs in the family if your kids have it? They also say that this will actually be gone at around 3rd or 4th month of age. I'm a new mom and I know I don't have enough knowledge about this especially that my daughter doesn't have this. My sisters doesn't this experience as well. My informations came from friends with experience and from the books I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment