Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Baby At Month 9

Hello there. It's only now that I will be posting another topic here on my blog. I am too focused on my other blog and my photoshop. I'm making a guestbook (scrapbook style) fo Yna's up coming birthday in June. My husband and I are too busy making calls since the beginning of this year to some suppliers. It was unfortunate for us that we have to withdraw our booking from our cake supplier because she mentioned of her last email (this march but we were exchanging mails since December) that they cannot deliver the cake on our place. Pity that she has told me that after three months and after I have already deposited 30% of the amount (sigh!). Well, we have to move on and just wait for her to send us the initial down payment we made. At least I learned a lesson on that: before booking, ask for the supplier's location and if they can deliver on your place LOL!

Here's the checklist:
* date & time - check
* venue - check
* cake supplier - TBD
* caterer - on place
* invitation - still working on it
* tarpaulin - still working on it, I have to visit one shop next week
* no. of guests - TBD
* decor fr the venue - the owner of the venue will take care of that
* games - that will come from on supplier we booked at (Boogie and Friends)
* guestbook - soon to finish and be printed last week of April
* photobooth - check

So that's my checklist. I realize lately that it will be more convenient for you to have an all in 1 suppliers. But it's rare to find that kind of supplier. You'll find some that can take care of may 3 to 4 on your list but not all. I remember seeing this website of Gloria Maia's on Multiply site, I called them couple of times and finally after days of no answer nor replies to my email and sms, I received one text from them: when is your party? After replying, I received no more messages from them at all. Can you believe that? Why don't they just tell me that I'm calling too soon (that was last November)? If only they told me that I would say that I want to make a very early booking because I find their package so affordable and worry free. They are so sooooooo rude. They have a business so I was expecting them to be professionals in that matter.

I'd be telling you some more reviews on our suppliers after the party (*wink). I wish I could tell you something now (because something has already happened) but would be best after the party.

Right now my husband is making blueberry cheesecream (recipe on my other blog). He told me that he wanted to do it because what I did was so yummy he want some more! (really?) Them tomorrow morning we'll be cooking some more (pata-tim, beef mechado and grilled pork), those are Filipino dishes. He's good at cooking, have I mentioned that? Yes. And I would say that I love his cooking, all of them! LOL!

So this post is kind of a bit long so I will give you my baby's milestone and funny moments tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment